Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Southfork Fiesta

Ever since we got out here to the Ranch, it has been in our heart to have a BBQ for all the employees and yesterday was the day. I was pitiful; You would have thought it was my 6th birthday party yesterday.

I was more nervous yesterday before everyone got there than I was at Pink Impact. Event planning is not my gig, no matter the size.

The staff was to be at our house at 6 p.m. and about a quarter 'til I got so nervous. I started asking Joe tons of questions..."Can I put the food out?" "Should we play Mexican music?" "Do you think everyone will come?" "What if I can't communicate with anyone?" "Should we have gotten a pinata?" and the list goes on.. Joe kept giving me the big eyes and saying, "Babe, everything is going to go fine."

Well, everything went off without a hitch. Everyone was so sweet and I did a whole lot of smiling, nodding, and "Hola! Como estas?" Here are a few pics of the shindig...

This is the foreman of the Ranch, Magdaleno. He was hilarious and incessantly pinched Isaac's cheeks so hard.
This is the horse trainer, Jack, and his wife, Sandy, who is the accountant.
The lady on the right, Regina, is the one who inspired me to shut and LOCK the door when I am nursing! The girl on the left is Hailey's mom.
Some little ninos.
Everyone swam, ate, and then Joe instigated the inaugural game of Southfork volleyball (inspired by Carrie Walsh and Misty May-Treanor... Without the sand :)
Next time I'll get a pinata and I'll give you a little heads up so you can take a crack at it!

3 comments:

The Durham's said...

Monty and I are currently laughing so hard at this blog! You are a riot! Love you!

The Durham's said...

P.S.- children's books are sooo in Monty's future. Something along the lines of "How to buy your white mama a chair, you little stinkers!" I don't know... it's a work in progress. I'll keep you informed:)

monica said...

you are hilarious! i miss you and your event planning :)