Monday, April 4, 2011

We are family!

One of my favorite things about our move is that we are closer to family. There is a whole bunch of my favorite family members all within 25 minutes from us. It has only been three weeks but I have already seen glimpses of the fun we will get to enjoy together.

This morning we went and picked up my cousin's precious son for a little date together. We went to the Children's Museum and then went for a walk around downtown. You would think with all the quirky people downtown that there would be plenty to gawk at. No matter how excentric the person we passed or walked behind or saw across the way, no one flinched, took a second look or even batted an eye. Yet, when we walked by with three in tow it was as if no one had seen children in downtown in a long, long time. Or at least that many all in one stroller. It felt like we were in some really weird sci fi film where noone was allowed to procreate any more and so there was no babies on the planet, then all of sudden there is one that is discovered by some miracle. Yeah, that was us today.



The other night we went to my cousin's soccer game and her brother was in the stands. I was trying my best for our family not to cramp his freshman style. You know that that can be easily cramped. Do you remember those days?

Isaac knows no such boundary. As he scaled all the high school kids screaming his cousin's name and barreled onto his lap I was thinking, "Oh no, Isaac does not know what kind of ridicule he may receive. He may get picked on or made fun of." I did not want that. Then, all the high school girls let out a big simulataneous "aww" and kept staring incessantly.

My uncle leans down to me and whispers, "I think Isaac may become his new wing man."



One of the greatest blessings of all is that my grandparents and my uncle live about two miles down the road!! They are so loving and have made us feel right at home in southwest austin.

Here's Isaac and grandpa feeding the deer some corn right outside their back door. Within about 15 minutes, we saw 6 beautiful deer grazing on the goods.



My grandma is the kind of cook that makes you tear up while you're eating because its so melt in your mouth delicious. I did take this picture and send it my dad asking him if he was jealous. teheehee. He's a sucker for grandma's cooking too. Also, my grandma reads my blog so a big shout out to the best grandma EVER! I love you so much...




During our move I found this picture of my other aunt and me when I was little. She is so special to our family and love her dearly.


One night my grandparents even watch the kids so we could go to this quaint restaurant called "Thyme & Dough" where everything is hand made right in this restored historical home, they use all local organic produce, and every dish is made with love and care.


So thankful we are closer to these sweet family members that we love and thank God for each one of them!

No comments: