Monday, July 14, 2008

Some Much Needed Girl Time!

I have been in some serious need for GIRL time! I love my boys and wouldn't trade them for the world, but sometimes I need some other estrogen around here. Working in the women's ministry, I was used to the estrogen ocean.

As many of you know, Anna lived with us for a little while last year. Yes, we were pulling a little "You, Me and Dupree" action at the Riverhill Apartments. This last weekend, she came to visit and we had a grand ol' time. It has been such a blessing to see all that God is doing in her life.

Through out different seasons in the last four years, we have been one another's work out partner. We both are quite competitive and enjoy pushing one another. I think she knew I needed a little intervention here at the Ranch.

She calls before she leaves Dallas to ask, "Hey, I can leave earlier if I wait to work out with you- are you up for that?" HECK YES!

The other part of the ranch is up the road a mile so we were going to run down to there and back. It was 2 o'clock in the afternoon and hot as hades out there, but it was a great time to sweat our guts out and for me to demonstrate how little time I have spent out in the heat as of late. We were making our way back when Anna says, "Hey, is that Joe." Joe and Isaac loaded up in the car to look for us because we had been gone for so long. He said Isaac was concerned that the heat might have gotten to his mama. He knows me so well already. Here is a pic of us afterwards- I get over heated looking at that picture.

Then, we had to jump in the pool to cool off. It wouldn't have been the same if we didn't race each other doing laps too. Yes, we are that compettive. We used to play us some racquetball and it would get fierce.

Then, Anna was so sweet to join us at Annointed Faith Family Church as we got our PRAISE ON!

We also got to expose her to the local fare here at "Toots & Bodine's." Do not be deceived by the name, it does compete with some Southlake cuisine, let me tell you ;)

I was sad to see her go, and I definitely shed a little tear as she left. Thanks for coming to visit, Anna! We love you...

2 comments:

js said...

Oh my sweet friends. I think you and Anna are the complete opposite of Nic and I. Neither one of us want to win ever. In fact we would probably rather just let the other win. Not to mention I don't recall us EVER working out together. You are both very cool in my opinion. Please let us know when we can come visit!!! The pastor hubby is about to get busy w/ the fall kick off so let's plan soon. Love you!

Anonymous said...

I had the BEST BEST BEST time there! I think everyone needs to make a visit to the ranch!!!!! I love you Mel :) and I am so thankful for our "You, Me, and Dupree" time. :) And for all those who haven't seen Isaac up close, it's true. He IS the cutest baby in the world! :)