1. Love Jesus but aren't religious.
2. Make love makin' a priority and don't use the kids as excuse not to :)
3. Get on the floor and play with their kids.
4. Try their best to take care of themselves.
5. Dress up for their husbands on occasion.
6. Can talk about other subjects other than their kids
7. Have great relationships with her kids but aren't afraid to have healthy boundaries and discipline
8. Aren't uptight about every little spill and fall
9. Take lots of great pictures of her kids
10. Know they have influence and use it for His kingdom
I have some girlfriends who know about my desire to be a cool mom and have gotten me some paraphernalia. I think they think that if I trick my brain into thinking that I'm a cool mom, then I'll start acting like one :) First, the ultimate cool mom, Nicole, got me a custom made mug that says "cool mom" on it. How thoughtful and sweet is that!?! Then, Laura made me a shirt that says, "cool mom." I have actually worn this shirt in Dallas while working out and gotten some pretty hilarious stares.
So, I was thinking about this post this weekend while my in-laws were her celebrating the 4th. I walk out to the pool and I see my sister in law, Julie, doing a cannon ball off the diving board.
Then, she proceeds to slide down the slide on her stomach and try to land on the raft at the same time. Then it hit me! Julie is definitely a COOL MOM! She is all the above and so much more. Julie, your family is so blessed to have you. We love you!
Have a great week!