Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Its getting hot in here...

Not because its July but because I am in the refiners fire. I think He has turned up the heat in here.

About a month after we got here to the ranch, all felt that it was best for many different reasons to put the ranch on the market. It was on the market last year for six months and there was NOT ONE call...nope, not one person interested. Well, its been on the market for three weeks and last week got a call for a family from Waco. They asked to come see the property and they came to view everything on Friday. They liked it a lot and they came back again on Monday. They havent given an offer, but still the prospect of more transition is refining my character.

I woke up this morning with this song on my heart, "Lord, not my will but your will let this be my cry. I lay down everything, I give my life to you."

What will we do, you may ask? God has some things in the works. Some of which I cannot talk about yet, but He is good. Oh yes, He is good. Regardless of what I can see, He knows.

I covet your prayers. For His will. For less of me and much more of Him.

I watched this clip a few weeks ago and again this morning. This is my anthem...I will worship. Regardless. He is worthy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE33ejdgWIY

Last night, we were watching Jimmy's sermon at Gateway recently. Isaac was totally mesmerized. I had to get the video camera because it was hilarious. To give you an idea, he will watch Praise Baby or Baby Eistein for about two minutes and then he is done. After about 15 minutes of listening, Joe tried to turn him around and he practically threw out his neck to crane it around to hear the rest of what God was speaking to His little spirit :) I know I have reaped the fruit of many of you who have prayhed for our little man. I am so grateful...bless you 100 fold.

Here is a little glimpse...



"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed yet my unfailing love for you will not shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,' Says the Lord who has compassion on you." Isaiah 54:10

**UPDATE: I cannot tell you how much I have felt your prayers. You girls must have some seriously special connections with God! Truly, this week has been the best spiritually and emotionally for me, all glory to Him and eternal thanks to you for lifting me up in prayer! After laying down our future many times over (there were truly pros and cons to both sides of the coin), they called to let us know they found another ranch near Dallas (ironically) that they liked better due to location :). Again, I cannot thank you enough...bless you!

7 comments:

lucasj2000 said...

Hey Mel,
This is Bella (I dont have an account so I use Jason's).
I just wanted to say that the text message you sent Jason last week was really sweet. We miss hanging out with you guys too! And I miss little Isaac... I was so hopping you were going to let me borrowing him from time to time for some baby training... lol
Anyways, I will def. keep you all in my prayers. Be of good cheer... you are so blessed!
Love,
-Bella

Jodi said...

Mel- In a small way I can understand the changes God is leading you through. I want to encourage you to not think how crazy it all seems, but to seek God's point of view in the situation.
"I wait for you Lord, you will answer, Oh my Lord God" Ps. 38:15

Jodi said...

yes that is the church we went to and LOVED!

Laura Jo said...

i wonder if isaac prays to baby Jesus. and then when hes a teenager he'll pray to teenage Jesus... then when he's older - bearded Jesus. but right now his prayers probably go somethin like this -- Dear 8 pound 6 ounce Lord baby Jesus, new born, not even spoken a word yet, lyin' there in your ghost manger, just lookin' at your Baby Einstein developmental videos, learnin' about shapes and colors....

yeah that's about right.

js said...

My dear friend- I love how you cling to God when things are unknown. It encourages me in so many ways. Count me in- I will be praying for you! Let's talk soon. Love you. Can't wait to see what great and awesome thing God has next for all of you. Maybe it's move to Granbury and run Biotegrity! We're hiring!!!

Stephanie said...

OMG! Well you named this season right...an adventure! ;) I will be praying for you. That's a lot to take in. Is it ok if I pray that you move back to Dallas?

The Durham's said...

I'm with Stephanie....let's bring this gravy train back to Big D! Seriously, there is not one moment He misses, not one. He loves to remind us of that...in only the ways He can:)