Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Redemption

I had committed at the first of the year to share with a girls retreat and it happened to fall last Friday night. Honestly, I just didn't know if I could do it. My heart just felt too raw. I felt like I definitely didn't have anything to say to teenagers. I kept saying over and over in my heart, "God, you knew. You knew. You knew." Reassuring myself that I know His heart is for me and comforting me each day, and divinely enough He also knew the timing of the past few weeks.

Joe and I prayed about whether or not I was supposed to go and we felt like God was going to use Isabel in the situation.

Once I got there, it was so sweet. When I saw their sweet faces worshipping, it was like seeing a vision of Isabel worshipping in heaven. I was so grateful for the opportunity to give life when her life was cut short here on this earth.

"I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds" John 12

My time with them was such a blessing and their hearts were so receptive and inquisitive. Each one of them are so precious and I can't wait to hear of all the plans God has in store for each one of them.

Jen, second from the left, planned all of the women's retreat and did an AMAZING JOB! She manages to be a wife, pastor's wife, home school mother of four and plan a conference. She totally hit every aspect out of the park and was completely stress free throughout the whole thing!

I was focused and didn't take a single picture. I snagged this picture of our small group waiting to meet from Crystal, who planned the girls retreat. Crystal, thank you for sharing your girls! What an honor....


2 comments:

The Durham's said...

Sweet friend-
What a beautiful testimony of His redemptive power...something I am sure you will experience and walk out every second of every day. Missing you and really wishing I could hug you. Love you!

Anonymous said...

I must say that when I arrived after you spoke, you had so much peace and joy. I only wish I had been in there with you!! I was so proud of you and Jen!!! :-)