Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Its just the way things are...



Photo credit: Nicole Graves <3

Right now.

Child #1 has been an idol in my life for a long time. Whew! I said it. Idols they are the pits.

When he's doing good, then I'm doing good. When he's not (most days) then I'm not. It is the pits.

Idols come down hard.

On top of that, Jesus and I are working through some anger issues. Oh my, its messy around here lately.

That's the ugly truth and I love it.

Last night in the midst of an intense training session with my little guy, it HIT me!

It is my JOY to train him. Its my joy to restore him to a sound mind. It is my joy to return his sweet soul to the "circle of blessing' (Tedd Tripp). So there is nothing to be angry about. His sin is NOT personal. When he disobeys it doesn't mean I have failed. When he dishonors me that doesn't mean that I am a horrible mother. I would be all of those things a part from Christ but I have His Spirit living in me so "Because of His great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail." Lam 3:22

My scripture that I am memorizing for this two weeks is so good and NEEDED...

"IF any person is overtaken in misconduct or sin of any sort, you who are spiritual [who are responsive to and controlled by the Spirit] should set him right and restore and reinstate him, without any sense of superiority and with all gentleness, keeping an attentive eye on yourself, lest you should be tempted also." Galatians 6:1

While we're talking about the rip your heart out thing, I just have to add that he is the hardest working 2 yr old I have ever known. He likes to mow and edge the rugs, he loves to vacuum, he is quick to take his dish to the sink, he lives to help make the bed, and the list could go on all day. If he's not working he's on his "hand phone" delegating to everyone else what they should be doing. He brings a whole new meaning to work ethic.

Today with as serious face as they come. He said, "Mom, can I PLEASE go in the pasture and pick up the horse poop?" Every mom's dream question, right?

We're going to the other side. Are you?

God's grace to you as you face your parenting challenges with JOY!

All of my love.

1 comment:

Kirby said...

Oh, how I love you and your openness, little Momma!

Praying with you as you surrender this "idol" to the Lord. What sweet rest you'll find as you release him!