Thursday, July 21, 2011

A stone's throw



We would officially like to welcome you to the Spry Sister Trailer Park.

See that cute little trailer on the left...that's ours.

That other house in the distance on the right...that is my sister's!! (its a trailer that the previous owners put rocks on the outside of...pretty fancy, huh? ;))

My sister and I shared a room for the first decade of our lives. We were secretly the best of friends. At night when it was time for sleep, she would climb into bed and ask if we could hold hands so she could fall asleep.



(what did you think about our 80s rompers!?!)

Once puberty, phone talking and boy craziness hit in junior high our relationship went south. Our fights always included screaming, occasionally included door slamming, and sometimes even a hair pull or two.

We had two separate lives. She was the sporty one and I was the dancing one. Yet every where we went people always told us that we "looked so much alike" (we don't see it), we have the same mannerisms, and we can trick people on the phone since we sound so much alike (we were on a joint call with our mom the other day and she kept getting us mixed up).

I tried almost every vocational avenue under the Texas sun; She went off to LSU for her undergraduate and graduate work. We spent our 20s mainly talking on holidays and special occasions.

The last 2 years, Stephanie and I have gotten closer. We have gotten to share some of regular life together and it has been the sweetest gift to me.

A few months ago I got a surprising call about the possibility that they may be moving to Austin! I was literally in shock and couldn't stop smiling for days at the thought of my beloved sister moving into our neck of the hill country.

For about 6 weeks now my beautiful and amazing sister has been my next door neighbor. I still have to pinch myself.

She's a stone throw away and it has been one blessing after another. Our whole family has loved doing life with them.

We love you Hjornevik family!

No comments: