Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My wildest Terry dream has come true.

Since I met Joe and his wonderful family, I have heard about their love of basketball. Growing up their family would spend hours around their backboard playing skins and shirts. I have always wanted to see their athleticism in action.

This last weekend was the bi-annual Terry get together and it was one of the funnest things we have done all summer. About half o the family was able to come (we missed Joe's two brothers and their families who couldn't come) out to the ranch and we all played volleyball, swam, t-ball, banangrams, late night games of spades, and the list could go on.

The best part was that everyone got out there and played basketball. We played knock out and 3-on-3. I loved seeing Joe's great pass to the post position, then his sister who put us all to shame, his dad with the infamous head fake, and Brian who brought the thunder.

BUT let me tell you who was the queen baller- Joe's mom! I'm serious when I say she made baskets, she helped the girls win volleyball (without her we got beat), and she was quite the spades player. She was the gold medal winner of the decathlon of Terry vacation! She is heading back to school this week so I hope all of the teachers she teaches with recognize what a prized athlete they have on their hands.



These two played together so well that it was like a little mini mom vacay.



Here is the decathalon winner herself in all of her glory.


Thank you all for such a fun weekend! Sometimes its so nice to know that those things you enjoy don't die when you are nursing babies, wiping hineys, and cleaning messes all day long. Most of all, we enjoyed doing it with our beloved family- what a gift. We love you!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Hi, I tried to email you, but the address wouldn't work. If you go back to my blog my address is at the top right hand corner. Just email me. I would be happy to answer any questions you have.

You have a beautiful family!!!